Friday, May 8, 2015

Day 4: Back to Cutting Class - 7.5.15

Today, I woke up feeling pretty bad, and so did my roommate Akhil. Wound up skipping breakfast too. But before I forget, yesterday's title might've seemed a little odd. On the bus to UEF that morning, the Chicken Dance song started playing and someone suggested to include that in the blog, and then not explain it at all. I don't know what you thought about it, but I definitely thought it was pretty funny

We started the daily routine off a little differently. First, we went to visit a Daoist temple. It was amazing, but it was in a pretty strange location. It was in a crowded alleyway. I don't think too many people would expect to see a temple in any alley, especially this one. But despite it's location, it was a really beautiful temple. Even the dozens of giant pigeons and the pond of turtles added on to the beauty of the temple. And so did the giant prehistoric turtle, he was awesome, even if he was asleep.

After the temple, we went to class. Today's lecture was on how fast the guy driving Akhil and I back to the hotel could really go. We wound up skipping class (definitely not something we would ever do back at Pitt) after realizing that we really didn't feel well enough to stay. So I wound up taking a three hour nap in the middle of the day - pretty much what I do back at Pitt. Later, we got changed into some biz cas attire so we could go to our company visit. Of course, the company that we were going to visit, Glass Egg Digital Media, is the company that Akhil and I were responsible for. This means that our group was required to initiate discussion between the company's representatives and the students. That means it would've been pretty bad if we skipped the visit too.

I'm really glad I didn't skip the visit to Glass Egg, even though I was still feeling pretty crappy. Glass Egg is a game development and art production facility. They basically make a lot of cars and environments for a lot of popular games. So they're pretty popular. Going in there meant that I wouldn't be able to take pictures due to their work being pretty classified since these games are all under development. But it was definitely awesome being able to see how certain parts of video games are developed, especially video games that have yet to be released.

Afterwards, some of us got fitted for tailored suits! The suits here are of amazing quality and a lot cheaper than the ones in America (one of our faculty, Bryan, got four made).

No comments:

Post a Comment